Omega-3 Maximum Potency Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Supplement (60 Softgels) This highly concentrated omega-3 fatty acid supplement supplies extra-strength amounts of EPA and DHA fatty acids derived from ultra-purified fish oil. Advanced molecular distillation processing super-concentrates the amount of EPA and DHA from fish oil to provide close to 70% omega-3 fatty acid content and allow for maximum intake of omega-3s in the fewest number of softgel capsules. Omega-3 fatty acids, often called the “good fats”, regulate inflammatory responses, modulate serum triglyceride levels, and support heart, lung, joint, skin, brain and nerve functions. However, many people do not regularly consume fish and may not be getting enough omega-3 to obtain these health benefits. Although certain plants such as flax seed and walnuts also contain a type of omega-3, this form is slowly and often poorly converted to EPA and DHA in many individuals. In contrast, eating fish or taking fish oil supplements supplies omega-3 fats in their biologically active forms that are directly usable by the body.
• An Ultra-Pure Product: Environmental contaminants such as mercury can end up in fish and some fish oil products, posing a health risk. To create a safe and well-tolerated product, environmental toxins, including mercury, PCBs, and dioxins are removed through sophisticated purification and refining techniques, including molecular distillation and ultra-filtration processes.
• No Fishy Taste: In addition to removal of potentially harmful toxins, residual particulates such as protein molecules and other impurities that contribute to fishy taste are eliminated. The fresh taste is maintained by careful handling of the oil under nitrogen and vacuum conditions to avoid fatty acid oxidation. Addition of a natural antioxidant blend containing vitamin E and rosemary oil maintains stability by protecting against peroxide formation that can affect taste. Natural lemon oil is added to provide the clean, refreshing, light taste of lemon, not to cover up an unpleasant fishy taste as with many fish oil products.
• Quality-Assurance Tested: To verify finished product purity and potency, each batch of fish oil softgels is analyzed by an accredited, third-party laboratory. Highly sensitive testing methodologies for detection of heavy metals and other contaminants are used to verify safety. Freshness analysis of the fish oil consistently shows very low peroxide values, the primary indicator of a stable, fresh, non-rancid product. Anyone needing extra amounts of EPA and DHA can take this fish oil product as a safe, reliable source of omega-3 fatty acids. Individuals who do not eat fatty fish such as mackerel, salmon, sardine, halibut and tuna, two or more times per week, are unlikely to be getting adequate amounts of EPA and DHA. Utilization of omega-3 can be reduced by low intake of certain vitamins and minerals, some prescription drugs, high intake of omega-6 fatty acids, and alcohol consumption. Individuals with certain medical conditions often need significantly more EPA and DHA than can reasonably be obtained by eating fish. Important health benefits have been reported in studies using fish oil providing 300 mg to more than 2,000 mg each of EPA and DHA. One to six softgels daily of this high-potency formula are typically recommended to ensure adequate omega-3 intake. Suggested Use: 1 to 6 softgels daily with food. This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2000 registered facility.
E EMX/080718 Other ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, natural mixed tocopherol vitamin E from soy, natural lemon oil, rosemary extract, and water.
**Amounts reported as weight of the fatty acid compound.
***Amounts reported as free fatty acid (FFA) equivalents by weight in accordance with voluntary CRN Monograph.
Supplement Facts Serving Size 1 Softgel
• Servings Per Container 60 Amount Per Softgel
% Daily Value Calories
10 Calories from Fat
10 Total Fat 1 g
2%† Saturated Fat 0 g
0%† Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
* Marine Fish Oil Concentrate 1,000 mg
* Supplying the following Compound FFA omega-3 fatty acids: Weight** Weight***Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 360 mg 330 mg
* Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 270 mg 250 mg * †Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established. Omega-3 Maximum P
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.