This fish oil supplement supplies omega-3 eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) fatty acids in smaller sized softgels for children and adults who have difficulty swallowing larger pills. This ultra-refined product is independently tested to ensure the purity, potency, and integrity of the oil. Additionally, careful handling of the oil leads to a clean, non-fishy taste. Omega-3 fatty acids, often called the “good fats”, regulate inflammatory response, modulate serum triglyceride levels, and support heart, lung, joint, skin, brain and nerve functions. However, many people do not regularly consume fish and may not be getting enough omega-3 fatty acids to obtain these health benefits. Although certain plants such as flax seed and walnuts also contain a type of omega-3 fatty acid, this form is slowly and often poorly converted to EPA and DHA in many individuals. In contrast, eating fish or taking fish oil supplements supplies omega-3 fats in their biologically active forms that are directly usable by the body.
• Pure: This product is highly purified and safe for daily use. Heavy metals such as mercury and lead, as well as cholesterol, PCBs, pesticides and other impurities often found in fish and unrefined fish oil products are removed through molecular distillation and other advanced filtration processes.
• Potent: The fish oil used in this product is concentrated, supplying 50% EPA/DHA content. This amount is well above the usual 30% EPA/DHA found in many brands.
• No Fishy Taste: In addition to removal of potentially harmful toxins, residual particulates such as protein molecules and other impurities that contribute to fishy taste are eliminated. The fresh taste is maintained by careful handling of the oil under nitrogen and vacuum conditions to avoid fatty acid oxidation. A natural antioxidant blend containing vitamin E tocopherols maintains freshness. Natural lemon oil is added to provide the clean, refreshing, light taste of lemon.
• Quality-Assurance Tested: To verify product purity and potency, each batch of finished product is analyzed by an accredited, third-party laboratory. Highly sensitive testing methodologies for detection of heavy metals and other contaminants are used to verify safety. Freshness analysis of the fish oil consistently shows very low peroxide values, the primary indicator of a stable, fresh, non-rancid product. These softgels can be taken by anyone who wants to enhance their diet with important fatty acids in active forms readily used by the body. It may be especially helpful for individuals who do not regularly consume fish or who may poorly metabolize fatty acids consumed in their diet. Suggested Use: 1 to 6 softgels daily. This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2000 registered facility. O OM3/091104F Supplement Facts Serving Size 1 Softgel
• Servings Per Container 100 Amount Per Softgel % Daily Value Calories 5 Calories from Fat 5 Total Fat 0.5 g <1%† Saturated Fat 0 g 0%† Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g * Marine Fish Oil Concentrate 500 mg * Supplying the following Compound FFA omega-3 fatty acids: Weight** Weight*** Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 150 mg 135 mg * Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 100 mg 90 mg * †Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. *Daily Value not established. Other ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, natural lemon oil, natural mixed tocopherol vitamin E from soy, and water. **Amounts reported as weight of the fatty acid compound. ***Amounts reported as free fatty acid (FFA) equivalents by weight in accordance with voluntary CRN Monograph. Omega-3 Easy to Swallow
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.